Hi all!

I've been programming for a while ... so was looking for something a bit more "programmer" like than keylogger like ... even tho my particular query is more of a repeatition of logged keys ... hmmm.

But anyway ... autoit is the best thing I think I could have found (just a quick browse - looks perfect for me!).

Ok ... a bit of background. I'm currently helping a small company load up their customer database. The raw data comes in in all sorts of ways, the loading page is single-entry web. I've got a "standard" spreadsheet (could be any file type and delimination) and have fine-tuned the entry process (so far manual) to keystrokes and mouse-clicks only (bar one move, but I'll figure that one out).

What I need help with ... some hints on how to get started. What I need to do is record (or program) a very small sequence of keystrokes (which will not change once recorded), repeat them with some manual intervention (like return or whatever) at first, and eventually (when it's all perfect) - just plug in the data and let the program run through it and load up (pending any duplicates, which would simply need a write to file and skip or some such thing).

Any pointers to where I should look?

Thanks in advance,

FoxFire

Edited by FoxFire

So... you have some data in some text file and you want a script to enter that data into a user interface?

Would need to know the format of the text file...

For a script to work off of... you could install the SCITE distrobution for autoit (see autoit downloads page) and use the AU3record tool to record your actions into a replayable script. Edit that script to use loaded data instead of the original keystrokes.

Need to know what format the data is in to advice on how to load it for Send()ing into your User Interface.

Lar.

Thanks Lar - will have a look at SCITE (still wandering around getting a "feel" for things).

The format of the data is current in excel spreedsheet, each entry to a row, in entry sequence. (That part is flexible - the data needs manual work to get it set up in a standard format anyway, could just as easily be text document, tab-delimited,one entry per line).

Edited by FoxFire