AutoIt in DOS

This may not be possible at all, but I was curious if anyone has any idea how you would go about getting an AutoIt script to work on a DOS boot disk.

Is it possible?

Would a compiled EXE work? Obviously some functions wouldn't, but does it need Windows API's present to work at all?

Any thoughts or theories would be interesting.

Thanks,

Ravenlark-----------------------------------------------------when you find yourself with the majority, its time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

AutoIt is Windows only (95-2K3).

You could use it in a bootable Windows environment like BartPE, though.

I considered a PE type environment, but it takes to long to boot for it to be worthwhile for the tasks I would want done.

I like your avatar BTW.

Ravenlark-----------------------------------------------------when you find yourself with the majority, its time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Autoit does work at T-39 of windows setup which is right after textmode setup. At textmode, only 1 or two folders are on your harddrive. I have not tested much at all in that realm, though others do use scripts to setup drivers and such then.

As for true DOS without any OS to get the runtime needed to work some of the functions of AutoIT, I'm not sure if that would work at all, if any.

Under certain environments, some functionalitly of Autoit may work.

If you want a boot disk, then BartPE is a good option as Skruge has mentioned.

• 1 year later...

Is there a way to make auto it pause the setup at T-39 mode that anyone knows of? I want to have a pretty long script run at the T-39 (I was hoping at presetup but that doesn't look possible) but if I'm correct setup continues while your T-39 scripts are run which wouldn't give my script long enough to do what needs to be done.