Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Touch

How too run at startup

6 posts in this topic

How can I make my script run when the computer is switched on?

When the XP logon screen appears it runs it?

Touch

PM me if anything

[center][font="Arial"]If practise makes perfect and no-ones perfect whats the point of practise?[/font]Sorry for my rude attitude when I started here.[/center]

maybe like this

If @Compiled = 1 Then
                    FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptDir & "\XPClean-One-Click.exe", @StartupCommonDir & "\XPClean-One-Click.lnk", @ScriptDir, "", "This is an *XPClean One-Click* link 8)", "", "", "", @SW_SHOWNORMAL)
                Else
                    FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptDir & "\XPClean-One-Click.au3", @StartupCommonDir & "\XPClean-One-Click.lnk", @ScriptDir, "", "This is an *XPClean One-Click* link 8)", "", "", "", @SW_SHOWNORMAL)
                EndIf

NEWHeader1.png

The shortcuts won't work till somebody logs-in....

Scheduler or Running it as service should be the way to go ...

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Can I get it to run with the login screen?

[center][font="Arial"]If practise makes perfect and no-ones perfect whats the point of practise?[/font]Sorry for my rude attitude when I started here.[/center]

Can I get it to run with the login screen?

If you want your script to run before someone logs on to the computer, you will need to run it as a service. Check out srvany or XYNTService to find out how to run your script as a service.

This will add your script in the registry to run every time before desktop loads.

RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run', 'RunMe', 'REG_SZ', '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '"')