Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sveach

This is probably simple...

3 posts in this topic

...and i'm probably making it harder than I need to. I use software at work (TrackIt, if anyone is familiar with it) and It has a bunch of fields that I need to grab the data from, and copy it elsewhere. My goal is to be able to click an exe, and (with Trackit and a microsoft word doc open) grab each piece of data, and paste it into Word. There are at least 20 fields, with phone numbers, address, name, users name, priority code, summary, subtypes, categories, descriptions, etc. I want to do this because we are currently unable to print this out. Now, the only way I can think of doing this at the moment, is to use MouseMove, MouseClick, etc. Then have the script switch open windows, and paste the data into Microsoft word. Do you guys have any suggestions? I can also just write to a file if it's easier, which now that I think about it, it is. I still want to know if the best way to grab each individual field is to use MouseMove. Thanks guys! I love auto it!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

check out CongtolGetText and ControlSend in the help file and if you need it in a spreadsheet theres a Excel UDF in the scripts and scraps

Edited by thatsgreat2345

If referencing them by the control id doesn't work (some scripts with databases have duplicate control ids for similar fields) than you might want to try giving tab a try. By knowing the tab order you can do a key send of tab and ctrl +c.

Good luck