Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
autNOC

MsgBox questions - SystemModal option and icon

2 posts in this topic

I realize the things I'm trying to accomplish here are possible by coding my own form with the GUI functions, but I have a MsgBox already implemented and I'm trying to avoid re-coding the MsgBox using the GUI functions if possible. I've done some searching on the forum, but can't find anything immediately related to these . . .

1. The icon on the MsgBox comes up as that "generic" white form even though I have a proper icon assigned to the app that's using the MsgBox - is this normal? Is there a way to get it to just inherit the same icon as the parent app? I could even deal with removing the icon, but I need the box itself to be system modal, which forces an icon and leads me to . . .

2. Is there a way to make the MsgBox truly modal (ie: the user must address the MsgBox before being able to do anything else)? I'm using the 4096 (System Modal with Icon) flag, but it's possible to still put focus on other apps, even though the MsgBox stays "always on top."

Thanks in advance for any insight. :D

Sample code . . .

$continueDecision = MsgBox (4096+4+32,"Oops!", "Continue?")

You should know that the first parameter in the msgbox call is the icon to use. Secondly, a msgbox call pauses the script fully! Even a Adlib function or a Hotkey wont work anymore. So it actually is modal just looking at your script. Creating something that blocks all other input then just what you want, is generally not a good thing to do. But then again, generalisation is bad. Even the one i just made.