DOS very slow !?

Does not help. Problem is, that when typing in DOS window it is slow too. So AutoIt only types (send key by key), any it is slow. Maybe i should change something in DOS window... but what ?

Maras

Does not help. Problem is, that when typing in DOS window it is slow too. So AutoIt only types (send key by key), any it is slow.  Maybe i should change something in DOS window... but what ?

Maras

Never tried it but can you put all the text into a var then send it all at once? Probably still write one at a time. Why are you writing to a dos window?

Rick

Only $2.00 with Resale Rights How to Block Better for Martial Artists and NonMartial Artistshttp://kirkhamsebooks.com/MartialArts/Bloc...tterEbook_m.htm

Hi

It's in var.

I have to insert data from file to old fashion (16bit) dos app. I do not know any other option like only typeing all data. Problem is that it works very very slow...

Do not know what i have to set.

Maras

If it's some 3rd party application that isn't detecting the keys when you type them at a fast enough speed, there is nothing AutoIt can do directally to change that. Instead, you should play around with your application to see if you can increase the key polling so that it will accept typed text faster. If you figure out a way to do that, you could probably have AutoIt set the faster key polling for you so that it could send information faster.

Another suggestion: if you cannot increase the rate at which the application detects keys, you should try to decrease the speed at which AutoIt is sending the keys so that they don't stack up and have a chance of getting lost.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your sugestion. Everything is correct.

When typeing by hands it works fast enough, but using AutoIt is slower. I do not know why. It's 3 chars per 2 sec. IMO very, very slow. Maybe i should set something in dos console, but i have no idea what. It is old fashion clipper app.

If any idea let me know please.

Maras

Another suggestion: if you cannot increase the rate at which the application detects keys, you should try to decrease the speed at which AutoIt is sending the keys so that they don't stack up and have a chance of getting lost.

Did you try this? Hint: look up the AutoItSetOption function, and see what it says about SetKeyDelay.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• 2 weeks later...