FileMove Coding Problem

Hello,

I having trouble getting this code to work. It copies a txt file into a *.log file using the Datetime stamp. I'm just learning Autoit scripting and can not find which line of code is not right. so to save time, I was need some to look over this code and see if anything stands out, and then I can try it and see if it will run correctly.

Thanks,

Mike

Dim $DateTime = @YEAR & "-" & @MON & "-" & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & "-" & @MIN & "_" & @SEC

Dim $Location = @WorkingDir & '\\new\\'

Dim $FileName = "all.txt"

FileMove($Location & $FileName , $Location & $DateTime & ".log",1)

sleep(4000)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "del ..\\Password\\new\\*.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

sleep(4000)

• Moderators

Hello,

I having trouble getting this code to work. It copies a txt file into a *.log file using the Datetime stamp. I'm just learning Autoit scripting and can not find which line of code is not right. so to save time, I was need some to look over this code and see if anything stands out, and then I can try it and see if it will run correctly.

Thanks,

Mike

Dim $DateTime = @YEAR & "-" & @MON & "-" & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & "-" & @MIN & "_" & @SEC

Dim $Location = @WorkingDir & '\\new\\'

sleep(4000)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "del ..\\Password\\new\\*.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

sleep(4000)

I really don't know what your trying to do here... Could explain step by step what you would like to see happen?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I really don't know what your trying to do here... Could explain step by step what you would like to see happen?

Step 1. copy all.txt file from workingDir to \\new

Step 2. move file to WorkingDir and rename it to DateTime.log

Step 3. Delete the all.txt file from WorkingDir

Hope this helps, As I did not invent this, the person that did is not around, so I need to put the pieces together.

Thanks, and if I can explain something in more detail or show you the complete script, I can do that. I just thought someone may see if the statements are even correctly written,

Mike

• Moderators

You could try this:

Dim $Location = @WorkingDir & '\new\'

If FileExists($Location & $FileName) Then
    Sleep(4000)
    If FileExists($Location & $FileName) Then FileDelete($Location & $FileName)
    Sleep(4000)
Else
    MsgBox(64, 'Info:', $Location & $FileName & ' Does not exist.')
EndIf

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Step 1. copy all.txt file from workingDir to \\new

Step 2. move file to WorkingDir and rename it to DateTime.log

Step 3. Delete the all.txt file from WorkingDir

Hope this helps, As I did not invent this, the person that did is not around, so I need to put the pieces together.

Thanks, and if I can explain something in more detail or show you the complete script, I can do that. I just thought someone may see if the statements are even correctly written,

Mike

The code SmOke_N gave you should work, yours appears to have been written in a context where the backslash "\" had to be escaped by another, giving "\\". That does not generate valid paths in AutoIT.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law