Any way to find child dialogs of a specific win?

Guest nickmatic

Guest nickmatic

Hi all-

Trying to automate a running application, but need to check that there are no child dialog boxes open before proceeding. Need to look for any child dialogs specific to that parent only since there are too many possibilities with some apps and some dialogs like "Save Changes?" might be open for other apps at the same time.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi all-

Trying to automate a running application, but need to check that there are no child dialog boxes open before proceeding. Need to look for any child dialogs specific to that parent only since there are too many possibilities with some apps and some dialogs like "Save Changes?" might be open for other apps at the same time.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Best thing I can think of is run the script and put in a bunch of if thens or cases based on whether or not the parent window is active. If there's a bunch of possibilities I don't thing adlib would be good.

Rick

Only $2.00 with Resale Rights How to Block Better for Martial Artists and NonMartial Artistshttp://kirkhamsebooks.com/MartialArts/Bloc...tterEbook_m.htm

Guest nickmatic

Good point about the parent being active. There might be a good solution there for some apps, but some apps allow the parent to be activated even when there's a child dialog, even when they shouldn't...

May opt to implement the feature myself....