Help a TN (Total Noob) with his first script

Hello guys :D

Yesterday I have downloaded Autoit and i can say that it is a REALLY great program... so much similar to tha good olde Quickbasic :D

I've took a good look at the varoius posts and on-line documentation.

Then i started writing a script.

It is a simple script for Gunbound WC (GB)

For whom that never played GB, just know that it is very similar to "Worms!" and "Scorched Earth" where you must shot enemy team with some cute "tanks" calculating the wind power and direction and the angle of the shot. A dragshot is a shot made with mouse: click >> drag on the desired power level >> release. Very cool game, that can hook you pretty well :)

The script simply does an Insta-Dragshot. It is programmed for the old version GB interface.

You simply put the yellow arrow marker on the desired point of the powerbar, press Ins, and the script will do an instantaneous Dragshot for you.

It is NOT an aimbot, you must calculate angle and power as usual, but you wil shot a drag witout taking time delay an without errors like the most common "Damn, i slipped" :wacko:

Here is it, with commented question about it:

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc
;Can i avoid this func? see later application of it

Func Dshot()
    MouseMove (390,550,1) 
    ;Move mouse to the start of the powerbar, just a bit above it
    $Pcor=PixelSearch (390,569,789,569,0xcd444a) 
    ;Search the tip of the marker-arrow
    If not @error Then
        MouseClickDrag ("left",390,550,$Pcor(1),550,1]  
            ;Drag from start of powerbar to the marker-arrow. 
            ;The drag is made on the main window, not on the powerbar itself
    Else
        MouseMove(1,100,10)
        MouseMove(200,200,10)
              ;This is for eventual error. 
              ;I wanted to make mouse behave in a precise way if an error occoured
    EndIf   
EndFunc

;Also for function, there is a difference declaring them at the start of the script 
;rather than at the end, like i've seen on all posted scripts???

Opt("MouseClickDragDelay",0)

HotKeySet("{PGDN}", "Quit");Needed? Can i use *HotKeySet("{PGDN}", "Exit"*  instead???
HotKeySet ("{INS}", "Dshot") :Perform the shot (d'uh)

While 1
    Sleep (100)
Wend

Well, my problems are:

It doesn't work!

I launch it, and while i'm in windows (XP) it runs fine (it does the "error dance", since it can't find the right colored pixel), and also with other games works, but not on GB.

Maybe it is GameGuard (an hack prevention program used by GB client) that block it?

I tryed to bind other keys, and the only results is that key being disabled.

If i hit the assigned key many times while on GB, when i return to windows, it will perform the script that many times :D To be short, the key is "cached" until i return to windows.

So, any suggestion?

Tanks in advance for the patience, and, yes, my english is bad (i'm italian :( ) sorry

Edited by Beermancer

HotKeySet("{PGDN}", "Quit");Needed? Can i use *HotKeySet("{PGDN}", "Exit"* instead???

No, you must call a function there, and you also cannot pass any parameters onto the called function.

;Also for function, there is a difference declaring them at the start of the script

;rather than at the end, like i've seen on all posted scripts???

It doesn't matter if your functions are at the beginning or the end of your script.

It doesn't work!

I launch it, and while i'm in windows (XP) it runs fine (it does the "error dance", since it can't find the right colored pixel), and also with other games works, but not on GB.

Maybe it is GameGuard (an hack prevention program used by GB client) that block it?

I tryed to bind other keys, and the only results is that key being disabled.

If i hit the assigned key many times while on GB, when i return to windows, it will perform the script that many times :D To be short, the key is "cached" until i return to windows.

So, any suggestion?

If it's not Game Guard, then your pixel color, or search area, might be wrong. Otherwise everything looks fine as far as syntax.

Nomad :wacko:

No no, i'm saying that while i'm on GB, if i hit the key, it even doesn't the "error dance". I put that piece of code for this very reason, to see if in both cases (error or non-error) the script was running.

Even when i'm in the chat zone of GB (where you can start or join a game) it does nothing

I mean, even if the Pixel color or search area are wrong, it will still do the "error dance".

i fear it is Game Guard that block in some manner...

No no, i'm saying that while i'm on GB, if i hit the key, it even doesn't the "error dance". I put that piece of code for this very reason, to see if in both cases (error or non-error) the script was running.

Even when i'm in the chat zone of GB (where you can start or join a game) it does nothing

I mean, even if the Pixel color or search area are wrong, it will still do the "error dance".

i fear it is Game Guard that block in some manner...

Then it probably is Game Guard. I'm not 100% familiar with it, but I think it blocks pixelchecks and all simulated input (mousemove, send, etc..). Search the forums for Game Guard and nProtect. If there's a way around it, you will probably find it there.