PixelSearch Question...

ok I know PixelSearch looks for certain colors on the screen, but i was wondering if there is anyway to check the screen for a work rather than a color. Same concept as pixelsearch but can find something like ..

"hello".

and i dont mean that its checking a txt file or something. just if u have a pic of lets say.. someone next to a sign or something with a word on it ( thats readable)

any tips would be great, ty.

it might not work depending on what your looking at if ur doing a jpeg or a bmp you wont beable to get the text out unless you have a optical somthing or another reconition program if it is lookin at a text file use

WinGetText or try looking up string in the help file.

[center][font="Arial Black"] DESEAN[/font][/center] [center]<<<WOW Fi$her>>>[/center][center]<<<mp3 player>>>[/center]

ok I know PixelSearch looks for certain colors on the screen, but i was wondering if there is anyway to check the screen for a work rather than a color. Same concept as pixelsearch but can find something like ..

"hello".

and i dont mean that its checking a txt file or something. just if u have a pic of lets say.. someone next to a sign or something with a word on it ( thats readable)

any tips would be great, ty.

What you're talking about is Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and it can be pretty deep stuff. For instance, the same word may be in different fonts, sizes, bold, italic, underlined, etc. If it's the same word in the same font (in a particular GUI for instance) you might just do a PixelChecksum() on it. But if you want to play OCR, do a search for it in the Scripts and Scraps forum and you find things to think about.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law