GUI embed

hi im still working on a media player, zerocool has made a nice script you can find ithere

i was wondering say i make a gui and have the media player embed in it, i want it to play my songs in that

but i can't figure out how to do it

[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

hi im still working on a media player, zerocool has made a nice script you can find ithere

i was wondering say i make a gui and have the media player embed in it, i want it to play my songs in that

but i can't figure out how to do it

I guess telling you to post what you have thus far would be a tad habitual?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i thought about open dialog and it reads the path, but that won't work becuase you can also drag and drop the music, some how i got to figure out how to let it know what songs playing and then it writes the path and it keeps doing that for every song

[s]Autoit[/s]

Typically, when 'embedding' the program you mean that you either use fileinstall to make a copy of it or use the existing one on your PC. Either way if you make your own GUI to try and interface with it, you usually end up simply running the program with different arguments that you get from your GUI. If the porgram doesn't have command line arguments it's harder....i guess you could try and hide the GUI already available and show your own, then update the hidden GUI accordinly but...WHY!!!??? whats wrong with the GUI already there? there's skins if you don't like the look^^

Edited by evilertoaster

Hey if u embed something...then u have to get the object of the embedded control...then use the object as you do for the normal controls...as for the media player controls...checkout what are the object properties and methods associated with it..

Am i some what near or totally wrong?

-Bala

Edited by Balachander K

sorry for my first post, if you looked at the link i posted and tested you would notice that it is already embeded, what i mean't to say is i want to figure out away to play my songs without giving it the path with in the script, so i created a media player and i want music videos to play with in the it, but can't figure it out

[s]Autoit[/s]