Login script

hi all

Is there an AutoIt command that can identify the .bat filename that calls a script.

We have about 40 Logonscripts, some of which are redundant, and I want to identify which are being used. I can do it by creating a seperate log for each one but it would be much easier to have just one log file.

@ScriptName calls the name of the script running but I need the name of the file that has called the script.

Any help always appreciated

Thx

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

Sorry if I'm being thick here but I dont quite understand what you mean. could you explain a little more.

Thanks

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

you could retrieve the parent process ID of the running process with WMI. However, the parent process name will allways be cmd.exe in case of a batch file, so you won't get the name of the calling batch file.

Sample of my test (I ran process.exe from run.bat).

Caption: process.exe

CommandLine: process.exe

Name: process.exe

ParentProcessId: 5904

ProcessId: 2696

Caption: cmd.exe

Name: cmd.exe

ParentProcessId: 3652

ProcessId: 5904

Better do this:

Add the following line at the beginning of each batch file and then analyze the log.

echo %DATE% - %TIME% - %0% >> \\serverxzy\logs\batch-execute.log

Users must have write access to that file !!

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Sorry if I'm being thick here but I dont quite understand what you mean. could you explain a little more.

Thanks

what he means is:

run.bat:

AutoITScript.exe %0%

This will call your compiled AutoIT script with the name of the batch file. Then you can write that name into a log within the AutoIT script.

AutoITScript.au3:

$calling_batch = $CmdLine[1]

FileWriteLine("C:\bitches.log",$calling_batch)

!! You'll have to add some error checking as well !!

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Guys...what can I say. Absolutely fantastic...all these years of IT and i didnt know about the %0%

All done and working...

Thank you so much, this will make life a lot easier for me

what he means is:

run.bat:

AutoITScript.exe %0%

This will call your compiled AutoIT script with the name of the batch file. Then you can write that name into a log within the AutoIT script.

AutoITScript.au3:

$calling_batch = $CmdLine[1]

FileWriteLine("C:\bitches.log",$calling_batch)

!! You'll have to add some error checking as well !!

Cheers

Kurt

I couldn't help but note the irony. :D

Amp Energy Drink: the official sponsor of me scripting at 2AM.

• 3 months later...

I couldn't help but note the irony. :whistle:

that was intentional!

Cheers

Kurt