Sign in to follow this  
Seedorf

Question

Seedorf

Hi excuse my bad english but im new to this AutoIt and I got a question. Im wondering if AutoIt can read a number or a letter in a box and send it so you can use it in your script? Would really appreciate if you let me know.

And do you know a site for learning the commands in AutoIt (not the help file in AutoIt), and is there a AutoIt help file in Swedish?

Thank you

evilertoaster

what do you mean by "a box"

If you are refering to a widow 'box' or an input field 'box' then yes you can use ControlGetText() for such things.

As for a sweedish autoit help file i think only russian, german, itialian and spanish are offically available...maybe you'd like to make one yourself :D?

see here -http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs.php

Edited by evilertoaster

gamepin126

GuiCtrlRead() might be what you want.

Edited by gamepin126

Briegel

And do you know a site for learning the commands in AutoIt (not the help file in AutoIt)...

Welcome,

have a look at AutoIt 123 from Valuater and Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 from LxP. I think they're very helpful and even I can understand them.

Briegel

Marcelão

Hi excuse my bad english but im new to this AutoIt and I got a question. Im wondering if AutoIt can read a number or a letter in a box and send it so you can use it in your script? Would really appreciate if you let me know.

And do you know a site for learning the commands in AutoIt (not the help file in AutoIt), and is there a AutoIt help file in Swedish?

Thank you

Try this command too:

ControlGetText( "title", "text", controlID )

It is very usefull to read text from a window.