hide app.exe systray icon?

How would I go about hiding the systray icon that shows up when I launch my app.exe?

Would I have to use @SW_HIDE?

What I am looking to do is run an app.exe (that shows in systray) If double clicked on it brings up a dialog with a username and password prompt. I want to auto populate a username and password and hit ENTER, all automaticly. If that can be done?

Note: App.exe is not an autoit application.

Thanks,

MrChris

Edited by MrChris

Great I think that is what I was looking for.

But what about bringing that same app.exe that I want to hide to the forground? In other words, I want to make the same dialog box pop up that I get if I where to double click on the tray icon that I am wanting to hide?

MrChris

• Moderators

Great I think that is what I was looking for.

But what about bringing that same app.exe that I want to hide to the forground? In other words, I want to make the same dialog box pop up that I get if I where to double click on the tray icon that I am wanting to hide?

MrChris

Have you looked any of the functions, what have you tried? I would have probably tried ControlClick() or something before I posted a question.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

ControlClick is what I had already tried and read about but it looks like it only works for dialog windows. And I seen MouseClick but that one would only work if the icon in the systray pops up in the same place every time.

MrChris

• Moderators

Look for ClickInControl() in the search options for the forum by Larry.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

OK I read the ClickInControl that Larry did but, Doesn't that again require app.exe to be loaded in the same position every time?

I am trying to find out if the application in question has anyway to get the dialog asking for username and password to auto-pop up or if it can be used in a command line but I don't think there is.

Thanks again for the prompt reply,

I tried to

• Moderators

Have you even looked at the SysTray UDF that I sent you too, isn't there a function there that returns the position (Hint: _SysTrayIconPos())? Wouldn't that be what you would use as the coords if used that ClickInControl function?

Sorry for my ignorance, being a noobe to autoit I must have missed that part. I will look over it again and try to better understand what my options are and hope that I can find out how to use them.

Thanks again,

MrChris