How To embed a JPG with Koda ?

Hello,

I'd like to display a logo in my GUI without having to distribute the jpg file. I'd like to embed this jpg file in the exe script file.

I read in this forum that it was possible in this way :

$Ball_pic = @TempDir & "\Ball-pic.jpg"

FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\AutoIt-123\Images\Curveball.jpg", $Ball_pic)

My question is : Does Koda can handle this natively ?

Thanks.

i dont hink it does... i got this from KODA

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
; == GUI generated with Koda ==
$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 622, 441, 192, 125)
$Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\15601173.gif", 40, 56, 281, 185)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else
    ;;;;;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

8)

NEWHeader1.png

i dont hink it does... i got this from KODA

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
; == GUI generated with Koda ==
$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 622, 441, 192, 125)
$Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\15601173.gif", 40, 56, 281, 185)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else
;;;;;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

8)

Thank you very much for your answer.

Unfortunately, in the way proposed by Koda, the "15601173.gif" must be in the path "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\My Stuff\" and can't be embedded in the exe file.

Nerver mind, I'll use the FileInstall instruction in my AutoIt code and not in Koda.

Thanks again ;-)

There is an alternative...

I remember having seen a script submitted by erifash called "AutoIt Art" in the Scirpts and Scraps, but can't find it. I downloaded it ages ago, but it might be better if you send him a pm as he might have done some changes to it.

Good luck

IVAN

• Moderators

I don't think that's going to do it Ivan, from what I remember that read the pixels of a file, he doesn't seem to want to have to use a path... LoadImage may help, if I remember right tonedeaf had a way to do this... Found it: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=203415

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I think it depends on the intention, if Magellan doesn't want to distribute the file, he could always run the script on his computer and get the resulting code saved to an array. On the compiled script he could reproduce the image without having to distribute the file.

Then again, it's only an idea that has to be tried. I loved the script and I found it so hard to locate, thanks for finding it.

IVAN

PS: Magellan, the image is not as neat as the original, from what I remember. Most of the time people are really concerned about how logos are displayed, and it is preferible to display a neat logo rather than a distorted image.

Edited by ivan