Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is the syntax for AutoIT like like this VBS?

2 posts in this topic

I have this chunk of VBS code:

' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' |                                  Disable AutoLogon                             |
' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Function DisableAutoLogon()
    On Error Resume Next

FSO.DeleteFile "M:\ccs\udf.ini", True   

If( (WshShell.RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultDomainName", "", "REG_SZ") <> 0) Or (WshShell.RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultUserName", "", "REG_SZ") <> 0) Or (WshShell.RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultPassword", "", "REG_SZ") <> 0) Or (WshShell.RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon", "0", "REG_SZ") <> 0) Or (WshShell.RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultPassword", "", "REG_SZ") <> 0) ) Then
        WshShell.LogEvent 1, "Disable AutoLogon FAIL"
        WshShell.LogEvent 0, "Disable AutoLogon Successful"
    End If
End Function

Notice the If ((WhsShell.RegWrite... part. Can I string RegWrite's together like this in an If - Then statement in AutoIT?

Also, in VBS I can hang a _ character off the end of the line and that signals the continuation of the code on the next line. Is there an equivalent in AutoIT?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

AutoIt has it's own builtin Reg* functions for ease of use and yes you can combine them into a long conditional line, just as displayed.

Underscore is valid in AutoIt also, just leave a space before the previous character and the underscore will work fine.

Underscore as in continuation character I am refering to...

Edited by MHz