Reliable File Downloader using Autoit?

hello, I was wondering how reliable a File Downloader using Autoit would be... I need to download a bunch of files totaling up too around 2 gigs...

the files range in size and would like to make a progress bar for the progress of the current file and the total progress... if it wasn't for this i'd just use something like wget, but my users want to see the progress and time remaining.

I'm asking this, because in the past i've had some issues with the GUI not redrawing itself and the user thinking the app was frozen... closed it while it was doing an operation that lead to problems later on..

• Moderators

It's as reliable as anything else... was there a question other than that?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'm asking this, because in the past i've had some issues with the GUI not redrawing itself and the user thinking the app was frozen... closed it while it was doing an operation that lead to problems later on..

can we make a reliable downloader with AutoIT? Yes, with some effort.

However if you are downloading files via HTTP, you can get into trouble if you want to show the remaining download time, because some web servers dont give you any information about the file size, so there is no way to calculate the remaining download time. Maybe you want to provide more information here...

Regarding the "frozen" GUI: I cannot say anything without any further information.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *