IE.au3 loading issue

Well i created a bot with an unlimited loop, and every now and then it will just lock up. I can fix it by clicking the go button on my browser.

But i think its an issue with the loading part, sometimes the IE.au3 gets stuck when tracking loading. Is there any way to make it force the browser to go to another page if the page load takes longer than two seconds ?

ok im gonna test this, but i thought the go to url thing aready uses that.

If you mean _IENavigate or _IECreate, they do, unless you turn it off.

Your problem statement is really too vague to be of any help. You'll need to narrow things down more and try to create a reproducer.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

If you mean _IENavigate or _IECreate, they do, unless you turn it off.

Your problem statement is really too vague to be of any help. You'll need to narrow things down more and try to create a reproducer.

Dale

I'm using _IENavigate and sometimes i come back to the computer and my loop stopped. The only way to get it going is to click a link on the page and make it load. So thats why i think _IENavigate is not sending the load status right.

I'm using _IENavigate and sometimes i come back to the computer and my loop stopped. The only way to get it going is to click a link on the page and make it load. So thats why i think _IENavigate is not sending the load status right.

OK, you have a hypothesis, now try to do some work to prove it or disprove it. You don't really expect much help with the tiny bit of information you have provided do you?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

OK, you have a hypothesis, now try to do some work to prove it or disprove it. You don't really expect much help with the tiny bit of information you have provided do you?

Dale

sorry.

well i have a question is there a max wait time for it to wait for a page to load? Because if there isnt it could be my browser, it just gets stuck.

sorry.

well i have a question is there a max wait time for it to wait for a page to load? Because if there isnt it could be my browser, it just gets stuck.

Many of the _IE.au3 routines use _IELoadWait behind the scenes to insure that the page loads completes before passing control back to your code (all these routines have a $f_wait parameter you can use to turn this off).

_IELoadWait has a default timeout value of 5 minutes (300000 ms). This value can be controlled with the function _IELoadWaitTimeOut. If the timeout value is reached before the load conpletes, _IELoadWait (or the function that calls it) will return a status code of

6 ($_IEStatus_LoadWaitTimeout) = Load Wait Timeout

see the helpfile.

Dale