newbie stuff: run script within script?

Guest tbarber

Guest tbarber

I am trying to automate the input to a bunch of Oracle 11i transactions. The idea is to make it as simple as possible for a factory floor worker.

I want to put an executable autoit script on the desktop that will kick off a bunch of admin tasks then prompt them "which transaction would you like?". Based on input, that would kick off another autoit script associated with the choice.

So, nested autoit executables. Is that possible?

Also, since the application utilizes Sun's Java runtime I cannot 'see' what is going on within it. It is a black box. How can I tell if the script worked or not? For instance, it might have failed on one of the first tasks due to system timeout but I don't know how to set up something to leave a marker or flag to show that it failed.

Any ideas? Appreciate that these are basic questions to the autoit pro but I am just getting started.

Tom Barber

ADSI

:D

So, nested autoit executables. Is that possible?

No problem to call one executed script from another (executable scripts are simply EXEs) :huh2: .. can't comment on limits, if that's an issue at all, though I'd guess it depends on your machine's configuration and is not a constraint of Autoit's.

And, sorry, can't help on the Java black box :D