Getting started with AutoIt

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to figure out how to get started with AutoIt and need some help with the installation.

It "think" I'm wanting to work with the beta version. Should I install the official version first and then install the beta on top of it?

In looking at the list of files for the beta download I see a number of different files:

autoit-3.1.1.132.zip

autoit-3.1.1.133.zip

autoit-docs-3.1.1.133-src.exe

autoit-docs-v3.1.1.116-src.exe

autoit-docs-v3.1.1.126-src.exe

autoit-v3.1.1.132-beta-setup.exe

autoit-v3.1.1.133-beta-setup.exe

Should I use the 132 or 133 version?

Should I use the zip file or the beta-setup file?

TIA

d

I'd use an install file for when you want to install autoit on the hard drive.

The zip file should be used as a backup if your includes or examples are missing. Zip is also useful for portable drives or temporary storage (Zip disks)

Download the Latest version. More bugs were fixed, but some things are kind of flaky. I stuck with the old beta version because labels were kinda screwy. I recommend starting with the newest possible version. More support will be available and more things were added

Edited by eynstyne
F@m!ly Guy Fr33k! - Avatar speaks for itself__________________________________________________________________________________________ite quotes... - Is your refrigerator running? If it is, It probably runs like you...very homosexually - Christians don't believe in gravity - Geeze Brian where do you think you are, Payless?- Show me potato Salad!__________________________________________________________________________________________Programs available - Shutdown timer[indent][/indent]