WinExists is nice... is there a ControlExists somewhere?

G'day everyone

Well, no, there isn't a "ControlExists", but can one mimick such an action fairly easily?

See, I need to navigate down a tree view and take screenshots of the leaf nodes. The nodes themselves do not have unique names in the Window Spy, so I have to rely on other methods to tell the script that a downarrow-movement has reached a leaf node. Fortunately, at every leaf node, there is a control (a button) present in the window which is not present when the focus is on a non-leaf item. Now I had wished that I could have told the script to press downarrow until ControlExists... but can you think of any other method which might do the trick?

Attached are two screenshots of the tree view.

I can also not find any way to determine how many leaf nodes exist in the tree (except counting them by hand), but if I could use ControlExists, then I could tell the script that the end of the tree has been reached if the control keeps on "existing" even though the downarrow is being pressed... because in the tree, the leaf nodes never follow each other directly (there is always at least one (sometimes two) non-leaf between the leaf nodes).

Thanks in advance

Samuel

O, wait, I can easily determine the end of the end of the tree, because the last node always contains the visible window text "version info". But I would still have to figure out a way to know when to take the screenshots (and I don't want to take screenshots of everything).

• Moderators

ControlCommand() and IsEnabled wouldn't work?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Decided to make a _ControlExists() UDF...

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
If _ControlExists('classname=SciTEWindow', '', 'Scintilla2') Then MsgBox(64, 'Info:', 'Control exist')
If Not _ControlExists('classname=SciTEWindow', '', 'Something') Then MsgBox(64, 'Info:', 'Control does not exist')

Func _ControlExists($hWin, $sText = '', $hCID = '')
    If $hCID = '' Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If IsString($hWin) Then $hWin = WinGetHandle($hWin)
    $hCID = ControlGetHandle($hWin, '', $hCID)
    If $hCID = '' Then SetError(2, 0, 0)
    Local $hCtrlWnd, $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hWin)
    Local $sSplitClass = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sClassList, 1), @LF)
    For $iCount = UBound($sSplitClass) - 1 To 1 Step - 1
        Local $nCount = 0
        While 1
            $nCount += 1
            $hCtrlWnd = ControlGetHandle($hWin, '', $sSplitClass[$iCount] & $nCount)
            If $hCtrlWnd = '' Then ExitLoop
            If $hCID = $hCtrlWnd Then Return 1
        WEnd
    Next
    Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
EndFunc

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.