script error, help please.

axim

The original executable file is working well. I had to make a small modification to the script. After compiled to a new executable file, it works fine on my computer (winXP). But when a user opens it up on his win2000 computer, it won't stay open. It will show the GUI for several seconds and then close out automatically. Did anyone has the same problem? Couldn't figure out what goes wrong. Thanks.

Edited by axim

main code is a processing loop. Just tried it on another win2000 computer and it worked. But on the one computer where I want to install the executable on it still won't stay open. The original one, which has the same processing loop, does work well on all computers. Any thought?

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg(1)

Select

Case $msg[0] = $Step1_Btn

Step1_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Step2_Btn

Step2_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Step3_Btn

Step3_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Step4_Btn

Step4_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Step5_Btn

Step5_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Step6_Btn

Step6_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Step7_Btn

Step7_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Step8_Btn

Step8_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Help1_Btn

HStep1_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Help2_Btn

HStep2_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Help3_Btn

HStep3_func()

Case $msg[0] = $Print_Btn

PStep_func()

Case $msg[0] = $ClipBd_Btn

CStep_func()

Case $msg[0]= $s3pE_Btn

GUISwitch($s3pWindow)

GUIDelete($s3pWindow)

Case $msg[0]= $Exitapp

GUIDelete($n)

ExitLoop

Case $msg[0] = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

If $msg[1] = $s3pWindow Then

GUISwitch($s3pWindow)

GUIDelete($s3pWindow)

ElseIf $msg[1] = $n Then

GUISwitch($n)

GUIDelete($n)

Exit

EndIf

EndSelect

Wend

Exit

Still couldn't figure out what's going wrong. Don't think it's the code that's causing the problem, as I did a simple test by just decompile the old exe file (which is running find on that computer) and recompile it to exe, and it won't stay open on that computer as well (automatically close itsef in less than 10 seconds). Now I don't know where to start troubleshooting his problem. Can anyone provide some idea? Thanks a bunch!

Still couldn't figure out what's going wrong. Don't think it's the code that's causing the problem, as I did a simple test by just decompile the old exe file (which is running find on that computer) and recompile it to exe, and it won't stay open on that computer as well (automatically close itsef in less than 10 seconds). Now I don't know where to start troubleshooting his problem. Can anyone provide some idea? Thanks a bunch!

Think your going to need to provide more code, by what you provided it's hard to tell if that's where the problem is.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.