ControlSend with MS Outlook

Hi,

I need to send an email from office to home every night when some task is finished, while the computer is locked. I try to use:

... ; some task ended

WinWait( "Microsoft Outlook" )

ControlSend( "Inbox - Microsoft Outlook", "", "Menu Bar", "^n" ) ; send Ctrl-N to start a new piece of email

... ; draft the email

My immediate problem is this can't be done for Menu Bar doesn't accept Ctrl-N. Well then, which control does? or if is there any easier way to do it?

A side-track question is, is it true that unlike WinWait, Control* will not accept partial Title? i.e. "Inbox - " must be specified too?

Thanks.

Jerry.

im sry 2 say all think n all but what is the task?

sence u joined yesterday and your asking a question about senden an e-mail this kinda sounds like your asking for a way to send you peoples account / password if they run your program.. sry just wanted 2 no the task..

sry i did not mean this 2 affend you.

im sry 2 say all think n all but what is the task?

sence u joined yesterday and your asking a question about senden an e-mail this kinda sounds like your asking for a way to send you peoples account / password if they run your program.. sry just wanted 2 no the task..

sry i did not mean this 2 affend you.

It's ok. I hv it figured out using ControlFocus. Thanks.

I would like to take collection of snapshots (statistics) of the Mersenne Prime Search Engine every day and send the result home. Of course, I could be sending spam email. :whistle: Your suggestion sounds tempting too. Yet I'm glad I'm not one of those joyriding hackers, irresponsible.

I joined yesterday's coz I didn't hv Qs til then and the surge Ngin req a login. I gas I'd better way a few dice b4 senden the 1st post. 2 late 4 dead, mate.

fans,

J.

For the 2 post above: Lose the nerd talk. :whistle:

I have to read your posts twice to understand what you are really trying to say.

With my limited knowledge i will try to help people, but if i find a post with words like b4, cuz, (i can't even make up words, but you know what i mean) then i will skip the post and won't even take time to understand it.

Just my 2 cents.

For the 2 post above: Lose the nerd talk. :)

I have to read your posts twice to understand what you are really trying to say.

With my limited knowledge i will try to help people, but if i find a post with words like b4, cuz, (i can't even make up words, but you know what i mean) then i will skip the post and won't even take time to understand it.

Just my 2 cents.

Good point, but don't blame me. I speak English to Englishmen, Americano to Americans.

I was only doing what the Discussion Category suggest - asking for script advices, in a bold manner as you can clearly see what my question was in the first place. You know what, as a newbie, I can hardly say this any helpful attempt. Hope you don't mind if I speak my mind. Do you notice how many junk replies retrieved by searching "locked computer" or "Ctrl-Alt-Del"?

As my orginal attempt is going no where but ruined by the Martian, the Administrator may consider deleting it to conserve some space. Further viewing or replying is only hazardous. :whistle:

Briegel: My apologies for blasting off like this. Hope we all gain something today.

Edited by Jerry Mcguire