MultiThreaded AutoIt

themax90

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The only excuse I'm seeing for there not to be a multi threaded flavor of AutoIt is that noone has time to make one.. =/

When something is done as a hobby then it's the best excuse there is :whistle:

• Moderators

Telling me not to be a "fucking asshole" is like telling water not to be wet.

That's the Tatoo I'm getting :whistle::) :Roflmfao:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I would use Threading very much. The thought of being able to operate a GUI and process in the background would be very awesome to me. My current project needs it. My old blackjack script(if I picked it up again) would be good because I could create/load a bank while creating and load a card deck. I can watch processes with my PListD while doing other things(thus anti-virus software). I can make greater and faster TCP and UDP servers. Games in AutoIt would be more of a good idea. For example a game in autoit could 1)Chat, 2)Receive Multi TCP, 3)Send Multi TCP, 4)Play Game, 5)Process Realtime data all at the same time. Thus being a real game/rpg. Right there are 4-5 fullscale possible projects to be written in AutoIt that cannot be done(well) w/o threading

Of course all of this only if it was used correctly. There are tons of ways multithreading can be useful. It is the biggest door opener currently. Plus the rewrite they will have to do, will allow them to add functions and structs easier.

This however is just my opinion. Jon, personally I think if you sit down for 2-3 hours per day and code you can do it really fast(Being 3-6months). Assign each developer to a specific part and then edit there code to perfection. Just an idea.

AutoIt Smith

Nothing here that you can't write equally efficient yourself. All you have to do is to understand how threading works (and you would have to if you want to use it efficiently anyway) and implement the "context switching" directly in your code. OK @Valik will disagree, and claim that saving state has nothing to do with context switching and he is right but the concept and result is the same.

Your process gets it fair share of the resources on the computer. It does not get any more if you add "real" threaded code.

Obviously you don't realize that I am emancipated. My dad went to jail for money laundring, and my mother was a pothead. I DO work for my own money. I DO buy my own food, I cook my own food, I clean MY OWN home. I pay ALL the bills. It is VERY hard for me to be in school and work. But I do it. If all he has to do is work and program, then thats NOTHING. The little government aid I get barely covers half the rent. I'm not elliagable for any other government programs.

So shut your face until you understand what I do. I UNDERSTAND what it's like. But I KNOW it's possible.

"Interesting" story. There are two possible options for me.

1.) You came up with this really strange story because you think you make yourself more "interesting". If that's the case, that would be very, very poor!!

2.) Your story is true. Then I'm sorry for you. However, then I would ask myself. Hm.. if that guy has such a bad life and is forced to earn it's own money, beeing only 15 years old, how in the world can he invest THAT much time in this forum??? And how can he expect others to "sit down 2-3 hours a day" to write some code. If you are in such a bad situation, you should know that it's not easy to spend a couple of hours a day doing things that contribute nothing to make your life better. And then I would think: well, maybe option nr. 1 is true.

Anyway, let's stop bashing here! It leads to nothing at all....

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *