how can i delete/move unwanted folders from a folder

i have a folder on the network that i send new tasks to a couple of times a day. Each of the tasks are folders with a couple of files in them. In that root folder i also have an archive folder. What i would like to do is create a program that i would put in windows scheduler so at the end of every day it would run and it would take every folder that is not named "archive" and move it to the archive folder.

i was thinking i would create either an INI or a text DB that would contain all of the folders i dont want to move and then check all of the folders contents against that list

I have used filefindfirst and next to do the same thing with files before, how can i do it with folders? any help would be awesome.

Edited by noleghair

• Moderators

i have a folder on the network that i send new tasks to a couple of times a day. Each of the tasks are folders with a couple of files in them. In that root folder i also have an archive folder. What i would like to do is create a program that i would put in windows scheduler so at the end of every day it would run and it would take every folder that is not named "archive" and move it to the archive folder.

i was thinking i would create either an INI or a text DB that would contain all of the folders i dont want to move and then check all of the folders contents against that list

I have used filefindfirst and next to do the same thing with files before, how can i do it with folders? any help would be awesome.

DirMove()?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.