FileInstall question...

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I wanna double check before I use the file since I cant test it here and it will be deployed to multiple company branches. If I use FileInstall inside an If statement and the If condition isn't satisfied, it wont copy over the file, right?

For example:

If @OSSERVICEPACK <> "Service Pack 2" then
    FileInstall("C:\Patch\xpsp2_x86.exe", @HomeDrive & "\xpsp2\xpsp2_x86.exe", 1)
    RunWait(@HomeDrive & "\xpsp2\xpsp2_x86.exe /quiet /norestart /o /n", "", @SW_HIDE)
EndIf

Edit: typo

Edited by BPBNA

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I wanna double check before I use the file since I cant test it here and it will be deployed to multiple company branches. If I use FileInstall inside an If statement and the If condition isn't satisfied, it wont copy over the file, right?

Wow, deploying a script to multiple company branches WITHOUT testing. You're a real brave man. I've allways said that testing and documentation is only for wimps. :whistle:

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Well I work at the helpdesk for the company so any issues with it will go straight to me anyways. Its a pretty simple script so there isn't much that could go wrong on my end. The only things that could go wrong is the Windows updates that it installs causing problems, which so far it has. SP2 has seemed to cause quite a few computers to loop at startup. It makes it to the Windows XP screen then restarts. Not really worth it IMO but we don't have a choice =/

So about the FileInstall, will it only copy the file to the directory if the If statement is true?

So about the FileInstall, will it only copy the file to the directory if the If statement is true?

yes.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *