_IECreate (Foreground Window Unlock Failed)

Hi,

I have modified a script, that was working OK, to change the $f_visible flag so that the IE windows are hidden rather than visible.

Since doing that, I am now observing the message

_IECreate (Foreground Window Unlock Failed!)

in the Console and eventually the script crashes out.

What does the error mean?

I would like the option of running my script with the browser windows hidden, but to do that I need to understand what this message means so that I can modify my script.

Thanks

VW

Hi,

I have modified a script, that was working OK, to change the $f_visible flag so that the IE windows are hidden rather than visible.

Since doing that, I am now observing the message

_IECreate (Foreground Window Unlock Failed!)

in the Console and eventually the script crashes out.

What does the error mean?

I would like the option of running my script with the browser windows hidden, but to do that I need to understand what this message means so that I can modify my script.

Thanks

VW

There are two possibilities here. If you are running a version of IE.au3 prior to that distributed with the beta, that warning was erroneously reported whenever you set $f_visible to 0. If this is you, please upgrade.

This comes from a function designed to prevent the creation of an invisible window from stealing input focus.

You need Windows 2000/ME or higher for this to work.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

There are two possibilities here. If you are running a version of IE.au3 prior to that distributed with the beta, that warning was erroneously reported whenever you set $f_visible to 0. If this is you, please upgrade.

Hi Dale,

I am using beta 3.1.1.132 and XP-SP2.

This comes from a function designed to prevent the creation of an invisible window from stealing input focus. You need Windows 2000/ME or higher for this to work.

When running with invisible window, are there any changes needed when using either _ienavigate or _ielinkclickbytext?

Or with _IECreate are there any requirements with the other switches?

Thanks

VW