Need HUGE HELP!

Guest Beefteck

Guest Beefteck

Is there a script that will install the folowing:

*All files

*All folders

*All directories and sub-directories

???

I have search for a while now and have not found a script that will install *All files

*All folders

from anywhere on any pc

Basicly I need something that will be like a Universal Install, but i do not know how to do that

even if it is not a universal install as long as it does: *All files

*All folders

that will be fine

THNX AGAIN MEMBERS! :whistle:

Search for FileList function on forum and then lookup FIleInstall in helpfile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

Guest Beefteck

I think I know what you are looking for. Are you looking for something that will install a package for you? Say a group of files, reg settings, and so forth?

yes yes THIS is what I need, plus it should be able to work from any directory :whistle:

There is several ways to do this. A simple way to do it is to make a winzip file with all the files you need. Have all the paths of the files kept intact. Make the zip file into a exe file. If you have any reg files, use Autoit to install them. If Winzip is installed, then this will cost you nothing.

If you want to spend some bucks, you can use InstallShield, WiseInstaller, and I think there are others. I do also know there is a opensource installer, but I don't remember the name. I think that one is free.

Guest Beefteck

There is several ways to do this. A simple way to do it is to make a winzip file with all the files you need. Have all the paths of the files kept intact. Make the zip file into a exe file. If you have any reg files, use Autoit to install them. If Winzip is installed, then this will cost you nothing.

If you want to spend some bucks, you can use InstallShield, WiseInstaller, and I think there are others. I do also know there is a opensource installer, but I don't remember the name. I think that one is free.

ok, i will try the winzip one then... but like how i make it into a .exe from a .zip??? like can u give me a little step by step thing... i use WINRAR more than WINZIP sooo...idk...

thnk-you! :whistle:

Guest Beefteck

With Winzip installed, click on the toobar "Action">Make Exe. It is pretty strait forward.

o, cool, ok let me try that out then lol i didnt know it was that simple...