Drive Lock

erifash

OK here are the "finalized" scripts that I have running as my PC lock. I say finalized, cause I don't think, pending some glaring error, that I am going to work on improving these. I think that they work pretty well.

It will autolock when the computer is rebooted. (thats the big thing)

let me know what you think of the improvements.

Here is the "lock.exe" that includes both scripts. Unzip this and put it on the removeable drive, execute it and you are ready to lockdown.

edit: I just realized that I still have some superfluous code in there. Functions unused and such. Ignore please. :whistle:

@orange..

Hi mate.. no matter how I try andget your program .. upon reboot the lock fails only lock search appears nothing happens I have full access to my desktop can you advise...

if anyone can help in this matter I will be greatfull, I seem to have problems after the reboot.

br

Acideax

You only need two tools in life: WD40 and Duct Tape.If it moves and it shouldn't, use Duct Tape.If it should move but doesnt, use WD40.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody!

I'm new member in this forum but I use and love autoit too;)

:whistle:

For drive lock(on flash):

when it is inserted and lock is active, why not he set registry ...run key? For security reasons if somebody

reset comp...

And when lock is off, he removes registry key...

Hi everybody!

I'm new member in this forum but I use and love autoit too;)

:whistle:

For drive lock(on flash):

when it is inserted and lock is active, why not he set registry ...run key? For security reasons if somebody

reset comp...

And when lock is off, he removes registry key...

I have tried that method but it seems I am having the same problem as acideax above. Thus I have stopped working on it. ;)

Well, as for startup I don't see why the Run key isn't working for you guys, unless you aren't using the right one. You should be storing a registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Every time you startup, it will start the process. There is also the startup folder which I'm sure you know about??? Then, of course, there is always auto-adding a new scheduled task and setting it for startup (don't ask me how you'd do this hidden...).

If you put your mind to it, anything is possible.

- Dan [Website]

@orange..

Hi mate.. no matter how I try andget your program .. upon reboot the lock fails only lock search appears nothing happens I have full access to my desktop can you advise...

if anyone can help in this matter I will be greatfull, I seem to have problems after the reboot.

br

Acideax

Ma bre Davore pola njih nema veze sa zivotom!

ecnegilletni fo kcaL <-

POZZ

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

procexp.exe is your friend.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I can't believe I haven't seen this before! Great work buddy!

We never talk anymore, wave me down tomorrow at school!

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

I have no idea how this would be written:

But what if the script ran on the Host computer and generated an encrypted "key file", that had a copy hidden somewhere on the Host computer, and a copy on the USB Drive.

Also, you'd have the script on the host detect the drive, and search for a certain "can this drive be a key?" file. That would be encrypted.

So, the process:

Run script on host (Could be a GUI, or a TrayApp)

Script on host watches for drive letter "x"

When drive letter "x" is detected is looks for a certain file, or a certain characteristic of the drive that is ONLY on that drive. It could be an encrypted file, or a serial #, or something like that.

When that certain file is found, then the script understands that the removable media can be a "key." (basically, its registered with the script)

Then the script "sleeps" until something happens..

This something would be a user event, if its a GUI, then click on "Lock" and then the script will begin the _LockCoputer function

If its a TrayApp, then it would be a right click on the Icon (icon could be Usergenerated?), and a click on the "Lock"

Either way the _LockComputer function would run... Which would create an encrypted file an hide it on the Host, and create a copy of that on the Drive... It would also create a file that would enable the computer to still be locked upon restart...

In addition to all this locking... The script would also activate any save functions for any open programs and store this in some type of "callback" folder?... or a backup?.. basically some type of temporary file structure that would store the instances of programs running..

Then the script would say its okay to pull the Drive, you disconnect the drive, and the computer locks..

The script looks for the drive letter to appear again... When it does, it compares the two encrypted files, if they match the computer unlocks. Then the script will reset itself by deleting the "Key files," and the "can this drive be a key file."

If any of that is confusing... think of how your carlock button works. It sends a signal saying, "Lock the car" the car gets the signal and if it matches it unlocks the car... but at the same time it issues a new encryption for the signal... and the real KEY is like safemode... lol

Dave

ContactAim- bluehydrolic

• 5 months later...

I've been reading over this for a bit and just started using the drive lock.

I was wondering if someone could help me get it to instead of locking start up a GUI I tried simply adding GUICreate... to the Func _Lock() and it did not start up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I built something almost the same thing. only differance is the disk is the access key. I like yours a little better though. mine can be disabled in safe mode. How about yours? the way I did it, is whenever the disk is put in, it runs the hotkey/is pressed key that disables the script. is that how yours works?

• 10 months later...