Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyler Carlson

Command a computer remotely with AIM

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

ok. i'm trying to use AIM (AOL Instant Messanger) to mess around a little bit with my friend's computers. i can kindof get this to work but it isn't doing what I want it to. I basically plan on sending commands in the format "Command: (wat i want to happen)". how can i get it so that it will only do the command when i tell it to though and not keep doing it over and over but have the ability to do it again if i tell it to.

While 1
    $text = WinGetText("", "")
    If StringInStr($text ,"Command: Hello") Then
        Send("Hello {enter}")
    EndIf
WEnd

thats basically what I have been using but its promitive and will probabally need to be rewritten. thanks.

Edit: yes I know there are other programs that are ment to to do this but I only have use for one that will work with AIM

Edited by Kyler Carlson

ok... i made this function to help solve the repeating problem

Func occurance($name)
    $text = WinGetText("", "")
    $number = 1

$stop = 0
    Do
        If not StringInStr($text ,"Command: Hello",0,$number) Then $stop = 1
        $number = $number + 1
    Until $stop = 1
    $name = $number - 2
    MsgBox(0,"",$name)

EndFunc

how can i launch the function though and have $name be the name of a variable. To clarify...

I would do occurance($hello)

and it would set $hello to the number of times the text is found. thanks.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

if you just want to say Command:Hello..if you just want Hello use the split function if there is one ,i dont know if auto it had Split or Mid i just know they have it in vb

Edited by X-sploiT

question.

are you sending the commands to them over aim or like is it when they type stuff?

and if u want ill help you code this it sounds like it would be fun and id love to do it to my friends also :whistle:

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

if you just want to say Command:Hello..if you just want Hello use the split function if there is one ,i dont know if auto it had Split or Mid i just know they have it in vb

Um... I haven't heard of that but it could possibly be in autoit somewhere. I'm kindof confused by what it is supposed to do though. The "Hello" is just an example. I eventually might want to open his cd tray or open up notpad and type a message. Really... anything I feel like programing.

question.

are you sending the commands to them over aim or like is it when they type stuff?

and if u want ill help you code this it sounds like it would be fun and id love to do it to my friends also :whistle:

i'm sending the commands via an aim window. Its kindof funny. With my prototye and only partially working version, I send it to my friend and i has it do certian things like when i said "Kyler(my name) wants you to open your cd tray" it would open. It was pretty cool. We both got a good laugh.

Edit: fixed the second quote

Edit 2: fixed the second quopte... again

Edited by Kyler Carlson

I kindof didn't want to bump this but is there any help out there for my second post or anyway to have the occurance function work for several phrases without copying it like 20 times? I still haven't managed to fix it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

You will need a lot of If statements. Check out StringSplit.