Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dest

Where did the old Documentation go?

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

A week ago, http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ had an amazing design. It had a sidebar on the left you could scroll through while still staying on your same page to the right. The sidebar also had every function listed, so you could do an easy search and find anything you were looking for.

The new doc lost the sidebar, and is now divided into categories, which makes searching extremely difficult if you do not know what section to look under.

Two questions:

1) Can the old documentation still be accessed?

2) Why did the style of the documentation change?

Edited by Dest

A week ago, http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ had an amazing design. It had a sidebar on the left you could scroll through while still staying on your same page to the right. The sidebar also had every function listed, so you could do an easy search and find anything you were looking for.

The new doc lost the sidebar, and is now divided into categories, which makes searching extremely difficult if you do not know what section to look under.

Two questions:

1) Can the old documentation still be accessed?

2) Why did the style of the documentation change?

A new version was released today (3.2), don't really know why any of that was changed, but I'm sure implimentation of extra stuff if need be will be put back the way it was.

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

You do know that you have the docs on your computer right ? :whistle:

I do not think the style has changed, just select the index tab at the top and you should see what you want.

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

I have not seen the production version with frames. I did publish the Beta in a frames page a while ago :

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/

Edited by JdeB

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The newest version of AutoIt isn't a beta anymore, but actually a new and fresh stable.

Which also includes the documentation (as always) btw, just in case you didn't know :whistle: