turn of monitor?

HI, im new here and i have a question.

In Autoit, is there any specific cmd to turn of the computer monitor?

Im writting a simple script to make it so when someone tries to shut down the computer it just turns of the monitor instead. (running server from mom's desktop and she keeps turning it off) iv got the no shut down part good, just need help with that one part. thanks.

• Moderators

HI, im new here and i have a question.

In Autoit, is there any specific cmd to turn of the computer monitor?

Im writting a simple script to make it so when someone tries to shut down the computer it just turns of the monitor instead. (running server from mom's desktop and she keeps turning it off) iv got the no shut down part good, just need help with that one part. thanks.

What's to stop them from using the power button? Don't know about your's, but I know my PC is still on even when my monitor is off.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What's to stop them from using the power button? Don't know about your's, but I know my PC is still on even when my monitor is off.

nothing, but my mom is ignorant when it comes to computers. When she sees that the screen is off, she thinks the computers off, i have it set to turn it off after 1 min and she never notices its on.