Need a script to hit the S Key every 4 Minutes

Guest Garrick P.

Guest Garrick P.

I have no experience whatsoever with AutoIT, just heard is was what i needed. I need a script to press the S key every 4 mins, non stop, untill I stop it. Is that hard? Any help is GREATLY appreaciated

I have no experience whatsoever with AutoIT, just heard is was what i needed. I need a script to press the S key every 4 mins, non stop, untill I stop it. Is that hard? Any help is GREATLY appreaciated

Next time, this kind of request for help should really go in the "Version 3 support" forum and not the section for posting your own code.

To answer your question, yes, AutoIt can do what you need. To help you write this script, there is a helpfile, called AutoIt.chm, that will be placed into the directory where you installed AutoIt. You will need this to help you figure out how to use the proper functions.

Sections that you may want to look at include the Keyboard Control section, and the Process Managment section (you might find something about how to pause a script in that section.) If you need to learn a bit about how a script works, and some basic AutoIt information, you should read the Introduction, and both sections titled Using Autoit and Language Referance. The following section will also give you basic statements introduction, and it's called Keyword/Statement Referance

That should get you started.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Guest Ezzetavi offline

Global $i = 0

HotKeySet ( "!s" , "_Stop")

While 1
   Sleep(240000)
   Send("s")
WEnd

Func _Stop()
   Exit
EndFunc