Is is possible to get Hardware Serial Number?

Greeitngs,

I have about 150 servers in my NOC. They are primarily HP/Compaq and IBM. Each of these companies has proprietary software that can retrieve the hardware serial number, but the software also includes much much more that I really don't need. I was hoping to keep this tool as thin as possible. Is it possible to write a script that would only interrogate the hardware serial number, or is this wishful thinking? I looked through all the AutoIt commands and functions and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Thanks

Paul..

• Developers

Greeitngs,

I have about 150 servers in my NOC. They are primarily HP/Compaq and IBM. Each of these companies has proprietary software that can retrieve the hardware serial number, but the software also includes much much more that I really don't need. I was hoping to keep this tool as thin as possible. Is it possible to write a script that would only interrogate the hardware serial number, or is this wishful thinking? I looked through all the AutoIt commands and functions and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Thanks

Paul..

Look for Scriptomatic in the Script&Scraps forum. it will generate an AutoIt3 script that uses the WMI option to retrieve all kinds of info from the device its being run on...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Look for Scriptomatic in the Script&Scraps forum. it will generate an AutoIt3 script that uses the WMI option to retrieve all kinds of info from the device its being run on...

<----Learned somthing today.

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]