How To Get Pixel Locations using screenshot

Guest Guest_eatnumber1

Guest Guest_eatnumber1

I'm trying to get the pixel locations of the chat panel in inal fantasy 11, i use 1280x1024 in game, and 1280x1024 desktop resolution. i have a screenshot of it because i can't run window info while in-game, i just don't know how to convert the values i get from my screenshot into the values they will be in game

I don't know what application you're using to take screenshots, but I just use the PrintScreen command on my keyboard, and there is no color change. If you save the images into a format, that format may not support the same color depth as the game you are playing. As long as the program you are using to take the shots (and save it if that's a different application) will save the same color depth, the colors will be identical.

I just tried it with 5 random colors on this web page, and it stays the same in my picture editor. If your applications change the color depth, or save it as a file format that changes the photo in any way, there is nothing you can do to go "backwards" and find out what the original color was.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Guest Guest_eatnumber1

i'm not talking about the pixel color, i'm talking about the locations... and i'm using fraps cuz the in-game screenshots are f**ed up

Then you'll have to figure out how the application take the screenshots. I can tell you that if I use the alt-{PRINTSCREEN} key combination and then put that image into an editor, the pixels in the file will match the pixels in my window. If this isn't true for you, you'll have to figure out how your screenshot program changes the positions.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

don't use window spy to figure out where your mouse is on your screenshots. use the apps's pixel coords, Photoshop has that built in...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

As a free alternative to PhotoShop, I believe mspaint.exe (or paint.exe depending on your version of windows) support pixel positions as well.

Typo corrected

Edited by pekster