Rich edit boxes

Rad

I've done a search on it and got alot of stuff out of it, but nothin looked very useful for what I want. Most were > 600 lines of an "example" which im not about to filter through to work into my program without understanding the basics of the rich dll's etc...

All I want is to change colors in a ReadOnly edit box. Changing the rest would be ok, but mainly just the colors. I dont know how to use Dlls, so if thats part of it could you explain it?

If you got an example, make sure its understandable and useable. The ones I've seen were all overly complicated, to long, not just a simple example at all... I just want to change $TempLine to red for an error etc..

Just something to learn while I wait for a solution to my bigger problem here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31253

:P

You might find better responsiveness if you moderated your tone and did a better job of disguising an apparent bent towards laziness.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

:nuke:

Just being picky because I've already seen the ones that were reccomended to people needing it like me and none of those would work... One of them the #Include had "cannot redeclare variable" error in it, and if u take it out the script using it would just say error... I cant understand the code determing if it was an error! Picky not rude... Just figurin that would keep down worthless responses on my end, not that the code was worthless it would just never suit what I would be aiming for

If you got an example, make sure its understandable and useable. The ones I've seen were all overly complicated, to long, not just a simple example at all...

I just dont want another "Here look at this it might help" then have a big page of UDF's with no comments whatsoever throughout it... Overly complicated being 1 I looked at took 3 functions which were each pretty long to change the text, and a few didnt work period :)

Im just having a hard time understanding why there isnt a _GUIEditSetRich($Color, $Font) or anything on any of these... and it makes it alot harder when people use wierd variable names that are... from an unknowing standpoint, totally unrelated

I can see most of the people that are good with autoit here can read it all and go "really nice i hope everyone finds this helpful" but the only people sayin that have alot of posts... and could probrably make it themselves neway :P Those arent really useful to me, see...

Edited by Rad