Transfering source to new computer

You've been her for over 2 years, t0ddie (at least). This was a day-one "noob" problem. Not only that, it is irrelevant to explicitly state that a new version was out. You were told a minimum version you needed but you didn't bother to see if you had the minimum version. Common sense: See if I have what they told me. Never, in any post you've ever made, have I seen a hint of common sense. You always ask basic questions even though you've used this language for years. Always, without fail, your threads drag on and on with people having to repeatedly explain the same thing to you over and over until you finally get it (As evidenced in this thread by being told no less than three times what to do). In addition, this thread has been rife with assumptions by you, none of which have been correct.

Now, let's look at the definition of "stupid", shall we?

1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.

2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.

3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.

4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.

5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

I've marked the relevant parts in bold of the definition(s) that apply to you. I call it slow to learn when somebody is told the same thing multiple times before they comprehend it. I also call making assumptions as making poor decisions because clearly, logic dictates, if you don't know how to do something, any assumption you make on the subject are automatically invalid by ignorance on the subject. Ergo, making assumptions and sticking by them is a poor decision.

What all this means is you meet the definition of stupid twice over. You are doubly stupid. Unfortunately there is no such word for this state. Perhaps the concept defies some fundamental laws of Science.

You may continue to argue as you please but bear in mind that it's difficult to argue (your) opinion (that you are not stupid) versus historical fact (your post history including this thread as the most recent example) and accepted lexicon (The definition(s) of "stupid").

I really do not aim to drag a thread on like this, and even if you reply, I wont make a rebuttal.

The thread had not reached one page, before YOU started dragging it on and I made replies to defend myself, but I'm just wasting my time. Theres no getting through to you.

You may have the last word after this.

I dont think making a large post with fancy words to show some kind of intellectually superiority over someone would serve any purpose other than an attempt at ridiculing the other party...

You have a problem with doing exactly that.

some people dont always "think outside the box" in EVERY situation. and assumptions are made by everyone.

You failed to mention in your post, anything about the mistakes that I have made TWICE. You only mention your opinion on my failure to comprehend (should be react) to advice given.

its hippocritical by your definition of stupid, that I am stupid. not catching a "hint" immediately when there is many other possibilities to consider, is not stupid.

The version number "3.2" came olmost at the end of page one, until then it was asked of me if I had the "new version". Instead of checking the version, I asked when the newest version had come out since I had already recently downloaded it. Since nobody replied on that subject I made a pretty reasonable assumption. Since during troubleshooting I installed the same version that was on the other computer I did not believe the issue had anything to do with the version number at that point.

People have made much stupider mistakes. Not everyone learns at the same speed, it does'nt mean they are stupid.

I retain something once I have learned it.

So I do learn. Therefore, I am NOT stupid.

In 2 years I have done alot of things without anyones help.

In fact, I have made very complicated code. Its usually something small I overlooked that throws me a curveball. regardless of the time I have been here, how is reading a post like this going to appeal to a newcomer? You may be turning people away from these forums. way to go!

By your definitions of stupid, which you inconsequently gave no references of source, (I assume some online dictionary) you are the epitome of stupid.

I have asked you countless times to treat me with respect and you fail to do so.

Continuing to flame me has no meaning and is pointless, When I read posts like this, all I can see is the equivilent of "yer teh stoopid keke" when I look at it since its all childish and that seems like the appropriate way to interperet it.

You havent learned yet that your off-topic flames dont improve the situation or provide any kind of help.

your egotistical attitude screams that you are looking for some sort of attention.

this is not the first time we have had an "encounter". What are you trying to convince me of?

I will continue to post issues as they arise regardless of your idiocracy.

You still dont get it... im not going to take your advice with a grain of salt, much less at face value.

your opinion of my intelligence means nothing to me. in this case, I am completely biased.

At this point, nothing you can say no matter how accurate you believe the findings to be, will register with me as being factual.

That being said, You still attempt to defame me trying to prove a point, as if you wanted me to agree with you that im stupid. this is not a debate, its an argument. started by you.

Nothing is going to sink in. I have stereotyped you as being an asshole even if you post nicely 1/10 of the time. I am right, you are wrong mentality is in place. you wont win my support. will you continue to be stupid and rant about my intelligence to the forums? Are you hoping for other members to comment on your behalf? nothing is going to work. You have tried before with no success and I am also telling you straight out that I will continue to make threads on these forums. How stupid is it to continue badmouthing to to get me to leave? It wont work.

I dont think you will ever learn how to treat others as you would have them treat you.

Im sure you find humor in being a jerk. You suck.

Goodbye Vaglik.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

t0ddie, you prove your stupidity with a comment like this:

By your definitions of stupid, which you inconsequently gave no references of source, (I assume some online dictionary) you are the epitome of stupid.

I suggest you re-read the sentence:

Now, let's look at the definition of "stupid", shall we?

Notice the word "stupid" in that sentence? Notice what it is? It's a hyperlink. A fairly obvious hyperlink, if I may say so myself, as all hyperlinks are when placed into plain-text with no adornments. So, brilliant one, not only did I provide a link to my source of the definition, that link has been there since I made the original post (no editing it in).

Bravo on disproving your stupidity by displaying an abundance of it. Bravo.