Program a script for $$

Guest mikenicee

Guest mikenicee

I am new to this and have been trying to program it myself, but my patience is running low.

I need a script/program that will do the following:

There will be a hot folder:

Two files will be placed in the hot folder (or two separate folders, if thats easier)

One file is a .txt file, the other is a jpg

The text file will have two bits of information: A script# (1-100) and a filename

The filename in the txt file will need to be loaded into photoshop, then an .atn (action file in photoshop) is performed based on the script#. The atn file does not need to be created. I have that part down.

For those who are not familair with the .atn file, its a photoshop script essentially. It can be launched by clicking on it, or a function key is assigned.

The script will be performed and then the file will need to save two versions. A full size version, and then it must resample it down and make a low resolution version.

The two versions will have the same filename as the original except a date stamp at the end of the filename. The full resolution version will have a .tif extension and the low res .jpg extension

The two new files will be saved in a separate folders for use elsewhere. TIF FOLDER and JPG FOLDER

Any ideas? Look forward to hear from someone with the programming chops.

mikenicee@aol.com

thanks

If this board is not used for this type of inquery, I am sorry, I could think of a better place than this forum.

Could post what you already have?

Parsing the text file for a script# and filename is easy.

I don't have photoshop, but launching the .atn file sounds pretty simple.

*Saving the resulting files depends on the photoshop interface....

Setting the filename with a date time stamp is pretty easy, too.

*Does photoshop have command-line parameters that handle this, or do button-clicks have to be automated?

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!