child timer?

has anyone here ever made a child timer? I've just started into a timer for my daughter (yes, the 4 year old, she loves sesamestreet.org and noggin.com) I'm figuring I'll make it do a splash window with a clock as it gets closer and closer to shut-down. Right now I'm lucky enough that I don't have to build in any lock-downs... so, anyone already done this? (quick search for child timer here and at the yahoo group turned up only a referance to one pekster made...)

pekster? :D

thanks,

Eman

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

has anyone here ever made a child timer?  I've just started into a timer for my daughter (yes, the 4 year old, she loves sesamestreet.org and noggin.com) I'm figuring I'll make it do a splash window with a clock as it gets closer and closer to shut-down.  Right now I'm lucky enough that I don't have to build in any lock-downs...  so, anyone already done this?  (quick search for child timer here and at the yahoo group turned up only a referance to one pekster made...)

pekster?  :D

thanks,

Eman

I have a workout timer I created as shareware using au3 and autoitx

If you think it will help you can have it and the code (for personal use only please the boy insists on eating everyday)

Rick

pekster?  :D

I was planning on my 2nd version of my family's child timer being completed already, but I have run into some issues, both with code, and with time avaiable to spend on that project. A few more important projects came up, in addition to the real world demanding a bit more time.

I have created a child timer, and admin console to modify the timer. However, you will need to edit my code to fit your needs. I have briefly outlined some changes you will need to make. It may not be a complete list of required changes.

• Edit user detection. Currently my timer is a multi-user timer (runs for 2 users) and I tell them apart by the first letter of the user name. Changes required in both the timer, and the admin console.
  • Edit timer warning. I don't remember if I left my old-style 30 and 10 minute warnings in, but I have changed these a few times. The issue was that my brother was getting kicked out of his fullscreen game at 30 & 10 minutes before his time was actually up, so I changed them.
  • Edit hardcoded directory. I used the C:\Pool directory to store a text file called timers.txt which contained the data that the programs use. If you cannot create this directory for use, change it to a new one.
To use it, you compile the child lock (lock.au3) and put it in the user's startup registry path (or use the Startup folder if the child doesn't know how to remove files from there.) Use an app called "Startup Control Panel" (google it if you would like it) to gain access to the registry startup rather than the Startup folder. Just run the admin console to view, add, edit, or remove timers. Download the files here.

Again, I know this code isn't the greatest, and the application is pretty lame. It's just not my priority to put a lot of effort into it right now since my mom has this one to use for now.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.