Help with new Scite & Autoit

I just uninstalled older production versions of autoit and scite (with add/remove programs) and deleted several straggler files in program files. Installed autoit v3.2.0.1 and scite v1.7.1.0 and find Tidy does not work! CNTL + T does nothing but generate the blah_old1 file, same with tool> Tidy and right click> Tidy. The original au3 file is unchanged. Any ideas, I miss it! So far everything else seems ok (compile [F5] etc) One final thought, no betas installed.

Thank you

I got burned a few times on new releases ( like win XP ) and others...

i was almost out of business a few times just because of of "bugs" or not running other programs... i hate that

so, i usually wait until all the bugs are out... then i install...

But, I have already installed Autoit 3.2 and Scite 1.7 and no probs here

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Developers

I just uninstalled older production versions of autoit and scite (with add/remove programs) and deleted several straggler files in program files. Installed autoit v3.2.0.1 and scite v1.7.1.0 and find Tidy does not work! CNTL + T does nothing but generate the blah_old1 file, same with tool> Tidy and right click> Tidy. The original au3 file is unchanged. Any ideas, I miss it! So far everything else seems ok (compile [F5] etc) One final thought, no betas installed.

Thank you

What happens when you do Ctrl+T ?

Pls. Show the output in the outut pane ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What happens when you do Ctrl+T ?

Pls. Show the output in the outut pane ....

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\tidy\tidy.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\One\Desktop\Projects\Copy of color scanner.au3"

Tidy AutoIt3 v2.0 Copyright © Jos van der Zande August 21, 2006

+> Tidy AutoIt3 finished. Original copied to:"C:\Documents and Settings\One\Desktop\Projects\Copy of color scanner_old1.au3"

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.220

@jos I do not get the selection pop-up, nothing

edit: I just downloaded the stand alone version of Tidy (34kb ?) and it doesn't work either, it promps me for a file then same thing nothing but an blah_old1

Edited by pecloe

• Developers

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\tidy\tidy.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\One\Desktop\Projects\Copy of color scanner.au3"

Tidy AutoIt3 v2.0 Copyright © Jos van der Zande August 21, 2006

+> Tidy AutoIt3 finished. Original copied to:"C:\Documents and Settings\One\Desktop\Projects\Copy of color scanner_old1.au3"

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.220

@jos I do not get the selection pop-up, nothing

Ahh..... You are not used that Tidy is just damn fast :P

Tidy did Tidy your script and copied the original to the shown file.

It doesn't have a Menu anymore but is now a Consoleapplication that reads it parameters from Tidy.INI and/or "#Tidy_Parameters= " located in the Script itselve...

*** Rewritten Tidy as Console Application v 2.0. (JdeB)

Tidy is now converted to BCX/Pelles_C and is, depending on the size and complexity of the script, up to 50 times faster.

Some test results on a Pentium M 1.60 GHz:

Script Lines Old_Tidy New_Tidy

400 4 seconds 0.7 second

1400 22 seconds 1.0 second

9800 170 seconds 3.6 seconds

17680 310 seconds 6.6 seconds

The Tidy default options are located in Tidy.Ini and can also be set via Commandline or Directive parameters.

Tidy will read the #Tidy_Parameters directive and use it to set/override options.

see helpfile for details on the parameters/INI file settings.

Also made updates to the Documentation file that is optionally generated.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)