Compilier compression

I noticed in the latest version of Aut2Exe that there is a menu for "Compression" with 5 options ranging from lowest to highest. This would be nice to use through the command line as well, but I couldn't figure out how to use it. The helpfile doesn't talk about this option, and when running "aut2exe /?" i got back a message box that said:

Command Line Parameters:

Aut2Exe.exe /in <infile.au3> [/out <outfile.exe>] [/icon <iconfile.ico>] [/nodecompile] [/pass <passphrase>]

Is the /nodecompile option relating to compression? If so, how do I use it, and if not, what does it do? It's not discussed in the helpfile either.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

/nodecompile means that exe2aut won't work.

check out the dev forum for the details of the compress switch, I know it's in there somewhere

jdeb beat me to it:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...l=compile&st=15

Edited by emmanuel

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

its here: #17284

- Added: More command line params for Aut2Exe.exe: /nodecompile and /comp 0-4 (compression level, 4=best)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I think that, with /nodecompile option you compiled can't be converted to *.au3 (without use a passphrase).

Hehe, thanks, I actually figured that one out about 2 mins after I posted. I read it, and asked myself "what does node compile have to do with my file?" :D

@JdeB: Great, thanks! At some point the helpfile and message box (that appears when you run aut2exe with bad paramaters) should be updated too.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.