Mapping a Novell drive

BPBNA

I'm trying to map a drive in my script using a Novell username/password. For some reason I can map one Novell drive in an AutoIt v2 script but not in v3.

Here are the lines I've tried from my scripts. I am using server1 for the one drive that I can map in v2 and server2 for the different drive I can't map in v3. The accounts are setup correctly I just cant seem to find a way to authenticate to the server when I'm logged on as a different user. I used RunAsSet too but that authenticates to the AD which does nothing for me.

The v2 line is(this works):

RunWait, %COMSPEC% /C net use U: \\\\server1\\folder1\\folder2 password /USER:username

The v3 lines that I have tried are:

$map = Run(@ComSpec & " /c Z:\MAP.exe N server2/folder1:folder2", "", @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
$map = Run(@ComSpec & " /c net use * \\server2\folder1\folder2 password /USER:username", "", @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
$drive = DriveMapAdd("*", "\\server2\folder1\folder2", 0, "domain\username", "password")

Has anyone ever run into this?

I'm trying to map a drive in my script using a Novell username/password. For some reason I can map one Novell drive in an AutoIt v2 script but not in v3.

Here are the lines I've tried from my scripts. I am using server1 for the one drive that I can map in v2 and server2 for the different drive I can't map in v3. The accounts are setup correctly I just cant seem to find a way to authenticate to the server when I'm logged on as a different user. I used RunAsSet too but that authenticates to the AD which does nothing for me.

The v2 line is(this works):

RunWait, %COMSPEC% /C net use U: \\\\server1\\folder1\\folder2 password /USER:username

The v3 lines that I have tried are:

$map = Run(@ComSpec & " /c Z:\MAP.exe N server2/folder1:folder2", "", @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
$map = Run(@ComSpec & " /c net use * \\server2\folder1\folder2 password /USER:username", "", @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
$drive = DriveMapAdd("*", "\\server2\folder1\folder2", 0, "domain\username", "password")

This, by the way, gets the PID for the process in $map, not the mapped drive letter, which you presumably intend to get from the STDOUT text.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yeah, I know how that works, I used the StdoutRead($map) and stringtrims to get the drive letter. Ive never used quotes in my net use command and there are no spaces in the name. Would it still make a difference?

I can map the drive straight to the second folder. I think the folder2 which in my case is called ibm is shared. I have had no problems mapping this drive on my own account. The problem occurs when I try to authenticate with Novell through the command line through this other account.