Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MGH

Run a .lnk

5 posts in this topic

How do I make this work:

Run(@COMSPEC & " /c %userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\GroupWise\GroupWise Notify.lnk)

You can better find out where it links to and use that in your script.

Here how it may be.

Win9x

Run(@COMSPEC & ' /c start "' & EnvGet('userprofile') & '\Start Menu\Programs\GroupWise\GroupWise Notify.lnk"')

Win2000

Run(@COMSPEC & ' /c start "" "' & EnvGet('userprofile') & '\Start Menu\Programs\GroupWise\GroupWise Notify.lnk"')

But still... Slimshady idea is the best.

Well, Beleive me I have tried that. There seems to be a weird issue with running C:\NOVELL\GroupWise\Notify.exe or C:\NOVELL\GroupWise\grpwise.exein a Run() statement.

I think the problem is more of a GroupWise/NDS issue. I could run C:\NOVELL\GroupWise\Notify.exe from a DOS prompt no problem, could even do it from a CMD file. Everytime I Run(C:\NOVELL\GroupWise\Notify.exe) from my script it would not remeber the user info and ask them to log in and to enter the server address and port. This is not a screen my users would know what to do with it. They never see it.

Thanks for the input. Works great. I use AutoIt 2.x but I am trying to move over to 3. So far I like it alot.

Seems that my issue was the ' or ". Looks like ' is at the beginning and end, but the there are "" " confuses me.

MGH

Read the Faq about " and '...