Window Title

Guest jayp

I am a new user for autoit and need help with window Titles. I have been using scriptit for years but have found some limitations which made me switch to auotit. This is a very basic question which I am sure has been posted a thousand times so I apoligze in advance.

Basically, I have created an script that logs into a website and downloads applicant information from the site. There are about 15 diferent pages the script goes to go get data. However, in order to load these pages it can sometimes take 5 seconds or other times 60 seconds for the query to load to bring up the next page (depending on server load). I would use the winwaitactive in order to pause the script but all of the windows titles for all of these pages are exactly the same. When I run the reveal program it shows that the window titles are the same and also the window text is blank. There does not seem to be any way to differentiate these pages.

Is there a work around? Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

The windows appear while the script is running. How do I rename them using ADLIB?

Below is a sample of the script. I have used the Sleep command where the script pauses between web pages. It would be a lot smoother to have the script pause as long as it takes to load the next page. However, I run into the problem of having the same Window Titles and Window Text is completely blank.

I hope this helps. Thanks for the quick response.!

WinMinimizeAll

Run, c:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe webaddress

WinWaitActive,webaddress

Send,{TAB 2}

Send,username

Send,{TAB}

Send,password

Send,{ENTER}

Sleep,5000

Send,{TAB 10}

Send,{ENTER}

Sleep,20000