Detecting Windows notification

I'm aiming to detect when a window tries to notify me (when a program flashes itself in the taskbar to call your attention to it.) I figured I could do some fancy pixel checking, but that isn't consistant for different themes or taskbar layouts, which makes it a poor solution.

Is there another solution, or is pixel checking as close as I can get?

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Interesting, but I think that would get annoying very fast, especially since I do a lot of typing, so having windows stealing focus would interfere with that. The reason I'm trying to script this is that I use virtual desktops, and a taskbar replacement. I really like my new taskbar, but it doesn't flash like the original did. Prehaps I should hunt for a new one that does, but I figured if I could script a way to detect it, I could use a traytip or tooltip to notify me.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.