Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d_paulo

Message mox function

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Does anyone know how it works ?

I need to create a simple message dialog box that ask me if I want to open the Winamp Player or not.

A simple box whit the Yes and No buttons. When you click on the Yes, I want the winamp Pop-up and if you click on the No, the message box should be closed whitout open Winamp.

I try over the few hours, and I still have problems. I'm sure that is something wrong in my code, so I'm goanna paste it bellow. The path for winamp is correct, no erroe and no winamp opened :P

$answer = MsgBox(4, "AutoIt Example", "This script will call a couple of example functions. Run?")

If $answer = 7 Then

Exit

ElseIf $answer = 6 Then

FileOpen ( "winamp.exe", 0 )

EndIf

Edited by d_paulo

Does anyone know how it works ?

I need to create a simple message dialog box that ask me if I want to open the Winamp Player or not.

A simple box whit the Yes and No buttons. When you click on the Yes, I want the winamp Pop-up and if you click on the No, the message box should be closed whitout open Winamp.

I try over the few hours, and I still have problems. I'm sure that is something wrong in my code, so I'm goanna paste it bellow. The path for winamp is correct, no erroe and no winamp opened :P

$answer = MsgBox(4, "AutoIt Example", "This script will call a couple of example functions. Run?")

If $answer = 7 Then

Exit

ElseIf $answer = 6 Then

EndIf

Yes = 6

No = 7

You're using 1 and ... It's not "FileOpen(winamp.exe)" it's Run("Total path to exe\name.exe")

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

replace

with

Run ( "winamp.exe")

but you may need the full path

C:\Program Files\...\winamp.exe

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Yes = 6

No = 7

You're using 1 and ... It's not "FileOpen(winamp.exe)" it's Run("Total path to exe\name.exe")

Thanks, it is working fine now.