Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Program

comspec weird result

2 posts in this topic

Hi im having a problem where im trying to run an uninstall program using @COMSPEC and rundll32. My script runs this command then i want to wait for a window of the uninstall program called "Welcome". The problem is that when i run the command and then WinWait("Welcome") is used, the uninstall program doesnt seem to run and the debug status says that it is waiting at WinWait("Welcome").

If i remove the WinWait("Welcome") then the uninstall program will run until it gets to the "Welcome" window (where it waits for user interaction) but thats the problem, if i include the WinWait the uninstall program doesnt even seem to run correctly. I figured its some technical thing with the COMSPEC macro, anyway here is my source code could anyone help:

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconDebug", 1)

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

Run(@COMSPEC & " /c RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup ""C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{95E35475-E696-4D0D-96DB-7A7156F2AC85}\setup.exe"" ")

WinWait("Welcome")

;Do more interactive stuff

Exit

What happens with the WinWait command in there ?

Could it be that the "Welcome" screen already exists but is still hidden ?

You could check by looping till the windows is shown:

WinWait("Welcome") 
While Not BitAnd(WinGetState("Welcome", ""), 2)
   sleep(500)
Wend

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)