Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbowe

Closing the "restart now" box when its minimized...

4 posts in this topic

Hi peeps.

I have a box that pops up after installing an application....its just a yes/no reboot box.

With AutoIt i can make it select "no" and then "Finish"....but sometimes the yes/no reboot box is minimized and autoit isnt detecting its there............

Is there a way to have this box closed even when its minimized?

Im currently using the following script....

WinWaitActive("InstallShield Wizard", "Yes, I want to restart my computer now.")

Send("{DOWN}")

Send("{ENTER}")

eek!

Hi peeps.

I have a box that pops up after installing an application....its just a yes/no reboot box.

With AutoIt i can make it select "no" and then "Finish"....but sometimes the yes/no reboot box is minimized and autoit isnt detecting its there............

Is there a way to have this box closed even when its minimized?

Im currently using the following script....

WinWaitActive("InstallShield Wizard", "Yes, I want to restart my computer now.")

Send("{DOWN}")

Send("{ENTER}")

eek!

Look at ControlSend()/ControlClick() buttons.

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Do you know that InstallShield can record an installation is it is executable based or if it is a msi based, then you can use switches that can prevent reboot and the rest. Have you looked at those options first? Some simple switches could save you some issues.

:P

Do you know that InstallShield can record an installation is it is executable based or if it is a msi based, then you can use switches that can prevent reboot and the rest. Have you looked at those options first? Some simple switches could save you some issues.

:P

Yeah ive tried everything under the sun to package this application up, the vendor has not stuck to any standards at all for this one = need to autoit's ass :)

Im a first time user of autoit, preety kewl.....

When you talk about ControlSend() i dont quite understand......are you able to explain it to me like im a 5 year old please :nuke: