does it work with VISTA ?

I guess I forgot to mention this as well, you have to disable one portion of the UAC or turn off UAC all together.

Thank you Joshiieeii, that seemed to be the ticket. (For those who cannot locate all of these Vista settings quickly, like I can't: Run "secpol.msc" Go to Local Policies->Security Options). Disabling the Detect Application Installations allows the scripts to be run like in XP, and without using the RunSetAs command.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Beefteck

it worked for me when i got the first beta version of vista, that is what gave me the idea that eventually lead up to K.I.O. (o, added more better stuff to it tonite comeing soon i hope)

• 4 weeks later...

AutoIt version 3.2.2.0 supposedly implements Vista UAC support.

This support is via a compiler directive "#requireadmin" which is supposed to be placed at the very top of the script.

Note that in two places the directive is shown differently:

Under "AutoIt --> Using AutoIt --> AutoIt with Windows Vista" it specifies the directive as "#requireadmin"

Under "AutoIt --> Keyword/Statement Reference" it specifies the directive as "#RequireAdmin"

I have tried both - and then looked at the manifest embedded in the executable - and the privelege level requested is still "asInvoker", instead of "asAdministrator".

Apparently this directive is not working.

Any hints on how to make it work? Are there other settings that I must set to make it recognize the directive?

Additional Info: Using the latest 1.7.? version of ScIte (sp?), directives like "#include" turn a pretty pink, however either of the "#requireadmin" directives never change color.

Can anyone shed light on what I need to do so that this directive will be recognized?

Thanks!

Jim