Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randd

Running Apps in the background

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to see if I can get my script running on a minimized window so that I can peform other tasks while it's running. I think that if a window is a regular MS Window-centric window that AutoIt will allow you to send keys and even mouse clicks based on various controls and whatnot. :D

All interaction is with a java window, so native window controls don't work the way I understand them as the autoit help file has laid them out.

I've read through the help file under all the Control functions and I've reviewed the WinGet* set of functions but I'm still not clear on how it all works and I think I need a bit more information on the subject. If someone could point me at some useful links that would be great.

TIA!

Raoul S. Duke: Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

a few others have come threw here, wondering about Java, and I don't know if any solutions have been found, if so, I never saw them... maybe search here for java?

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)